March 24, 2020 UPDATE:
All counties in which Pro-Care Medical Center clinics reside, including Bexar, Travis, and Williamson County, along with the City of Austin, now have a shelter in place order. Pro-Care falls under the essential business provision, so our doors are open for patients seeking care. That said, we are actively working to transition most of our appointments to telemedicine to reduce person-to-person exposure as much as we can. Our clinical staff will remain onsite to treat sick or acutely injured patients needing in-person medical care.
We have used telemedicine (aka telehealth) extensively for our primary care practice over the past couple of years. As we roll this out across the entire practice, we ask for your patience. We will work closely to ensure your appointments if done via telemed, go as smooth as possible.
If you do require in-person treatment, our protocols below remain in place. We are practice social distancing onsite and have limited the number of patients in our rehab bays at any given time.
Thank you for doing your part to help our country and our world team up to heal up.
March 19, 2020 UPDATE:
At Pro-Care, the health and safety of our patients and staff remains a top priority. As this is a fluid situation, we wanted to let you know that we remain open to care for you.
- Telemedicine appointments are available for all non-sick patients (lab result reviews, med follow-ups, etc.) who are receiving primary care services.
- All patients will be temperature checked prior to their appointment and are required to wash their hands upon arrival in our clinics.
- Chiropractic patients who are sick are being rescheduled and recommended to see their primary care provider for treatment.
- We’re masking and isolating any patient who arrives at our clinic feeling ill. Our primary care providers will follow the screening procedures defined by state/local guidelines.
- Our daily cleaning procedures are already very thorough. That said, we have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing across the clinics throughout the day.
No doubt that you’ve heard COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus) has and will continue to impact our daily lives for the foreseeable future. Our goal is to keep our patients, staff and the people around us feeling safe and healthy. As this is a fluid situation, we wanted to let you know that we remain vigilant to keep our clinics the same – safe and healthy.
We recommend all patients to follow the best practices the CDC has shared:
1. Clean your hands often
2. Avoid close contact
3. Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
4. Wear a facemask if you ARE sick (not needed if you aren’t)
5. Clean and disinfect
We realize Coronavirus is top of mind for many and not a lot of fun to talk about. Since washing your hands is the best preventative, how about having some fun with it? Check out https://washyourlyrics.com/ to find your favorite song and sing it loud! Here’s one of our favorites, Sweet Caroline!
We will continue to provide updates on our blog and via social media as needed or should guidelines change. We are committed to delivering the best care possible for you and your family.
In the meantime, please take care of yourselves and each other. We thank you for trusting us with your care!